Applying online for jobs or universities is easy, but what’s really makes it hard is the competition, so by having a good resume you’ll eliminate a lot of other competition and you double your chances of getting accepted
In this blog post, I will share with you 8 online free certifications that help you boost your resume to look more professional.
Fundamentals Of Digital Marketing By Google
Google is offering a free course to Master the basics of digital marketing. It’s a course accredited by Interactive Advertising Bureau Europe and The Open University, which contains 26 modules all created by Google trainers, packed full of practical exercises and real-world examples to help you turn knowledge into action.
Getting certified after passing the exam (cost 0$), shows that you have a clear understanding of the core concepts of digital marketing. You can also add the qualification to your CV, and easily upload it to your LinkedIn profile.
Skills You Will Learn From This Course:
- Display Advertising
- Email Marketing
- Local Marketing
- Social Media
- Web Optimisation
CS50’s Introduction to Computer Science
CS50’s Introduction to Computer Science is a Harvard University course that you find in the learning platform edX. If you wanna get along with computer science, this course is a good place to start from because it’s an entry-level course with no Prerequisites and taught by the best teachers in this field.
By finishing this course you will learn :
- Understanding of computer science and programming
- How to think algorithmically and solve programming problems efficiently
- How to develop and present a final programming project to your peersA broad and robust understanding of computer science and programming
- Concepts like abstraction, algorithms, data structures, encapsulation, resource management, security, software engineering, and web development
Price: The course is totally free and with lifetime access, But in order to have a certificate officially signed by Harvard University you need ta pay a small fee (around 50$).
IBM Data Science Professional Certificate
Data science is one of the hottest professions these days, and the demand for data scientists who can analyze data and communicate results to inform data-driven decisions is increasing every day.
You find the IBM Data Science Professional Certificate course in the famous learning platform Coursera. This Professional Certificate from IBM will help anyone interested in pursuing a career in data science or machine learning develop career-relevant skills and experience.
Skills That You Will Learn On This Course:
- Data Science
- Python Programming
- Elational Database Management System (RDBMS)
- Cloud Databases
When you complete all of the courses in the program, you’ll earn a Certificate to share on your LinkedIn profile, on printed resumes, CVs, or other documents.
Excel for Beginners
Excel for Beginners, It’s a course that provides you with the understanding and skillsets to be able to make the most effective use of Microsoft Excel.
Microsoft Excel is an industry-leading spreadsheet software and is a powerful analysis as well as a data visualization tool. The course has an overall rating of 4.45 stars from 6843 students with 144195 Learners registered.
You will learn to use formulas to do complex calculations to analyze your data. You will also get an extensive understanding of concepts such as borders, sorting and filtering with the data, if-else condition, date, and time with the free excel course online. Plus, you will get the “Excel for Beginners course completion certificate” from Great learning which you can share in the Certifications section of your LinkedIn profile, on printed resumes, CVs, or other documents.
I know that the most common question in your head is “Does Great Learning Provide Excel For Free?”
The answer is, Yes. Great Learning provides you with a free online course on Excel. You can head over to Great Learning Academy to learn more about what the Excel course offers, and what you can gain out of it.
Introduction To Cyber Security
Cyber security is the application of technologies, processes, and controls to protect systems, networks, programs, devices, and data from cyber-attacks. It aims to reduce the risk of cyber-attacks and protect against the unauthorized exploitation of systems, networks, and technologies
Futurelearn.com provides you with Introduction To Cyber Security course that helps you recognize online security threats that could harm you and explore the steps you can take to minimize your risk. The course is taught by the software engineer Arosha K. Bandara and developed by The Open University
Skills That You Will Learn On This Course:
- Explain basic cyber security terminology
- Describe basic authentication mechanisms
- Describe cryptography terminology
- Apply basic risk analysis and management techniques
- Describe legal and regulatory issues relating to cyber security
311,077 students have been enrolled on this course, it has a duration of 8 weeks with an average weekly study of 3 hours, and the good thing is that it does not require any prior knowledge of computer security and can be enjoyed by anyone interested in improving the security of their digital information, whether at home or at work.
Graphic Design Specialization
If you are into graphic design, then the Graphic Design Specialization course is for you. Offred by Calarts on Coursera this course will help you gain fundamental skills needed to be a graphic designer and takes you through the entire design process, from ideation to creation to presentation. Through the guide, you will be creating and giving a visual identity to an imaginary start-up company, and applying that visual identity to a number of forms.
Skills That You Will Learn On This Course:
- Visual Communication
- Branding Communication
- Color Theory
- Adobe Illustrator
When you enroll in the course, you get access to all of the courses in the Specialization, and you earn a certificate when you complete the work. If you only want to read and view the course content, you can audit the course for free.
Google Ads Certifications
Again with Google courses, but this time Google is offering six free certifications, and all of them are for beginners
- Google Ads Display Certification: Google Ads Display Certification that demonstrte your ability to deliver effective display advertising to meet specific marketing objectives. Prepare for the certification by completing the diagnostic assessment, or proceed to get certified.
- Google Ads Search Certification: Google Ads Search Certification that demonstrate your mastery of Google Ads Search campaigns. Prepare for the certification by completing the diagnostic assessment, or proceed to get certified.
- Google Ads – Measurement Certification: Google Ads – Measurement Certification that demonstrate your ability to measure and optimize Google Ads campaign performance. Prepare for the certification by completing the diagnostic assessment, or proceed to get certified.
- Google Ads Video Certification: Google Ads Video Certification that demonstrate your ability to get results from YouTube and Google Video advertising solutions. Prepare for the certification by completing the diagnostic assessment, or proceed to get certified.
- Shopping ads Certification: Shopping ads Certification that demonstrate your ability to connect products with shoppers across their purchase journey. Prepare for the certification by completing the diagnostic assessment, or proceed to get certified
- Google Ads Apps Certification: Google Ads Apps Certification that demonstrate your ability to create and optimize App campaigns to meet specific marketing objectives. Prepare for the certification by completing the diagnostic assessment, or proceed to get certified.
Entrepreneurship in Emerging Economies
For the last course on this blog post, we have a Harvard University course Entrepreneurship in Emerging Economies, this course is taught by Harvard Business School professor Tarun Khanna, you can enroll and get limited access for free, it takes 6 weeks with an average of 3 to 5 weekly study hours, entry-level course with no Prerequisites
What You Will Learn On This Course:
- An awareness of the opportunities for entrepreneurship in fast-growing emerging markets
- An understanding of a conceptual framework for evaluating such opportunities
- An appreciation of the types of problems that lend themselves to entrepreneurial solutions
More than half a million students have enrolled in this course ( about 686,134 ), which makes it an opportunity that you shouldn’t miss.
Courses are good and they could help a lot in your career, but what helps you more and especially in the long term books, books are professional experiences of real people (mostly successful people) packaged into pages.
A good book can radically change your thinking which can affect your life in a very positive way, here on our website you will find summaries of the most influential and popular books, Check it out !!!
My name is Muhammad Islem I’m a college student, I have 3 years since I started learning about digital marketing, I like talking about businesses, marketing, books, and ways of making money.
I’ve created this blog to talk about things that interested me and to help young entrepreneurs start their own businesses and escape their boring 9 to 5 jobs.